- Removal of teeth, roots of teeth, surgical procedures to save teeth, surgical therapy of breakthrough backward teeth, inflamed alterations, cysts of jawbones.
- Dental implantology.
- Bone grafting:
- Synuslift operation
- Bone grafting using artificial bone grafting material
- Bone grafting using bones from the hips
- Bone grafting using retro molar bone block
- Treating of bening and malignant tumours of buccal cavity and face.
- Surgical therapy of biting abnormalities.
- Surgery of jawbone joints.
- Preprotetic surgical solutions (before preparing/wearing dental prosthesis)
Bridges are commonly used to replace one or more missing teeth. Your dentist may recommend a crown to:
- Replace a large filling when there isn't enough tooth remaining
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment
How do Bridges Work? A bridge may be recommended if you're missing one or more teeth. Gaps left by missing teeth eventually cause the remaining teeth to rotate or shift into the empty spaces, resulting in a bad bite. The imbalance caused by missing teeth can also lead to gum disease and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
Bridges are commonly used to replace one or more missing teeth. They span the space where the teeth are missing. Bridges are cemented to the natural teeth or implants surrounding the empty space. These teeth, called abutments, serve as anchors for the bridge. A replacement tooth, called a pontic, is attached to the crowns that cover the abutments.
As with crowns, you have a choice of materials for bridges. Your dentist can help you decide which to use, based on the location of the missing tooth (or teeth), its function, aesthetic considerations and cost. Porcelain or ceramic bridges can be matched to the color of your natural teeth.
Zirconium is a lustrous, grayish-white, soft, ductile, and malleable metal which is solid at room temperature, though it becomes hard and brittle at lower purities.In powder form, zirconium is highly flammable, but the solid form is far less prone to igniting. Zirconium is highly resistant to corrosion by alkalis, acids, salt water, and other agents.
Zirconium is used as an alloying agent due to its high resistance to corrosion. It is never found as a native metal, but is instead obtained mainly from the mineral zircon, which can be purified by chlorine.
The advantages of zirconium - ceramic crowns and bridges:
- 100% metal-free, biocompatible
- High-allergy-risk patients can also have them
- Great solution for high-span bridges
- High aesthetic demand
Fillings, root canal treatment
Recently in dentistry, satisfying aesthetic requirements have become more and more important. An almost new, mixed kind of dental special field emerged, which beyond the dental defining and knowing of nice as a notion, considers its realisation an important guideline: here we list some of its tools. Applying metals for filling and substitution should be avoided. A certain type of plastic that is based on modern technology was transferred from space research to civil usage. Inorganic (glass, quartz, porcelain, silicon dioxide, etc.) granules are mixed into synthetic resin, thus a quite massive, resistant and transparent material is created. Several aesthetic filling are made of composite.
It is applied in case of extreme big cavities. After removing decay, the dental technician prepares missing piece of tooth with the sample taken from the amorphous tooth-remains.
A massive filling, similar to Inlay, which replaces the whole chewing-surface of the tooth, or maybe the whole chewing-corners. It can be made of composite, porcelain, gold, and golden-porcelain.
A special kind of veneer, the porcelain veneer-technique means a glued, 0,7 thick ceramic sheet. It can be applied in case of filled tooth if the filling is not too big, but we apply mainly on the external surface of the frontal teeth. Its advantage is that less teeth must be ground (05-1 mm). We use it to correct the shape, position and colour of teeth and to reach the best aesthetic effect. This solution can be applied, when there are defections deriving from developmental abnormality, discolours, or other deformities on the frontal teeth. In case of removing a small quantity of tooth-structure, we glue a very thin, veneer-like, individual ceramic-layer, which is made after an impression, on the external surface of the teeth (mainly on the upper frontal teeth), which makes teeth much more aesthetic.
Root canal treatment
Contrary to every rumour we must know, that root treatment, or endodontic intervention, can be executed without pain, and what is more important, it serves tooth-keeping.
When the decay goes so deep, that the infection reaches the pulp, then an almost unbearable, the so-called pulpitic pain appears, usually at night, because of the tension of the gases derives from the inflammation of veins and nerves in it. Without a doubt, all of us have various experiences related to root treatment, based on either personal or our acquaintances' stories. Considering that instead of removing and replacing a tooth, we can keep our own teeth with this kind of intervention, it is reasonable to choose root treatment. Root treatment causes less unpleasantness than tooth substitution. During root treatment, after thorough anaesthetisation the dentist removes the inflamed tooth-nerves and veins, and pain also considerably decreases. After that on some occasion dentine is treated with antiseptic and medicines, and when the tooth becomes symptom free, root-filling can be done. The latter can be executed without anaesthetic. After successful root-filling the tooth must be cover-filled, usually it is worth protecting it with a crown.
When a tooth can not be kept, it must be extracted. For a quick recovery, some advice must be followed:
- Slightly press the gauze-piece put onto the area for about 15-20 minutes after the intervention.
- Take an analgesic an hour after the extraction. Thus we can avoid immediate pain in the wound after the intervention. Normally it is not necessary to take more analgesic. In case of bleeding after removing the gauze-piece, put another one onto the wound for about 20 minutes.
- There might be some pain in the other side of the intervention, as an effect of the injection.
- Avoid consuming hot and spicy dishes as far as possible.
- Consumption of coffee and smoking are strictly forbidden on the day of the intervention. There might be strong after-bleeding!
- You must not gargle or spit, right after the intervention.
- It is suggested gargling with CORSODYL-solution (or with camomile tea) on the day following the intervention, twice a day, after cleaning teeth.
- Take special care of oral hygiene!
- Avoid physical work and stress on the day of the intervention.
- Consult with your doctor about the regularly taken medicines.
- Do not touch the artificial surface on the wound with tongue or any tools, it pushes off on its own, after recovering. Speak as little as possible during anaesthesia, in order to protect the tissue-stuck area.
- If the tooth or its surrounding was inflamed, a temperature may run, ease it with antipyretic.
The wisdom tooth
Their removal: The removal of wisdom teeth, which could not break through, is a surgical intervention. However, it can be carried out in a painless way with local anaesthesia. There can be tumescenes and a partial trismus. Then it is useful to have a rest for some days. It is possible to remove more wisdom teeth together with general anaesthesia.
Causes of problems: Due to lack of space, the whole dentition may pile up towards the centre line. Piling up dentition can cause many other disadvantages besides aesthetic spectacle. A wisdom tooth, which could not break through the bone, may cause cyst in the jawbone or serious inflammation, because scraps stuck in the pocket between the tooth and the gum may cause bacterial inflammation. Besides this, such pockets spoils oral hygiene and can be a reason for bad breath.
Such intervention is necessary when for example there is a chronic inflammation around the root-tip, or such pulp, which can not be treated with root-filling for some reasons, or if the root-tip of the tooth reaches into the cyst-cavity of the jawbone and the doctor decides to keep the tooth. After the intervention the treated area slightly swells up, it is useful to have a rest for a day or two. Some analgesic or cold compress may also be needed.
Professional cleaning with ultrasonic scaler
If we don't clean our teeth often enough, plaque and calculus starts to accumulate on our teeth. This can cause gum infections and bad breath. Calculus on our theeth can only be removed by a dentist or a dental hygienist. In our dental clinic, we use a modern ultrasonic instrument with which we can effectively remove all debris from the teeth. It makes the procedure faster and pain-free.
The perfect dental hygene is impossible without the regular and thorough cleaning of our teeth. The amazing products of Curaprox are perfect for maintaining a great dental hygene.
After our regular check-up and dental depridement, comes tooth whitening! After ensuring the proper gum protection, the dental hygenist puts the tooth whitening paste on our teeth, which will be lit by a special-wavelength blue light to whiten our teeth. Our dental hygenists have a lot of routine with tooth whitening. It is a risk-free, pain-free procedure, which usually takes about 120 minutes.
Effective whitening for the perfect white smile The effictive tooth whitening, which contains peroxide, needs to be repeated every two years. Gum protection is very important during the procedure, therefore only professionals can execute tooth whitening.